Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blocked

I have always heard of writer's block, and of people who are famous that write occasionally have the affliction.  I am envious of the people where words fall off their tongue easily.  I struggle over words, wording and the importance of an idea.  I have a passion for photography, yet my camera sits often unused for months, I have a passion for woodworking, and gardening and many other things, but sometimes each of those goes dry and unused.  So here I am again trying to kick-start my writing about the things that interest me and hopefully you.

Osama bin Laden has been killed.  I am conflicting by that.  Had he been taken alive then he would have been able to have been tried by a court of law and put in prison legally.  Millions of dollars would have been spent to do the trial, and perhaps there would have been further attacks and kidnappings.  So far his direct toll on the US is $100M, indirect toll is not within the minds of men to calculate.  Not that we would have spent the money, but schools and infrastructure could have been improved. Young men and women may not have died so young, or suffer the horrific mind-altering scenes of death, destruction, and delusion.

Then there is the gun controversy where the progressives want to control arms, and the conservatives what them to proliferate.  Talk about juxtaposition   An apparently sweet congresswomen gets shot in front of a crowd, and a few weeks later Arizona acts to put the Colt.45 as the state weapon.  No one notices the slap in the face that becomes.

So I have wanted to write, I have wanted to remark on the crazy world we all recognize, but only see another part of.  Like, does anti-matter go up when released, defying gravity, perhaps with a negative mass.   OR about the next auteism scare stars to replace the moronic actress and the vaccination scares that have killed a large number of children.

So I will try again, Thank you for your support and encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. Progressives don't want to control arms-just everyone else's.. they want to regulate or tax everything. Call it whatever name you want, but anti-progressive policies are all we have to preserve liberty (with the admitted exception to killing fetuses). And putting a bullet or two in osama's head is extremely anti-progressive, yet the most just event in a decade of news.
    Love to see you still thinking out loud. Miss ya...

    ReplyDelete